COVID-19 Service Updates
Our plan, like many of you out there, is to overall remain sensible – to conduct the day-to-day business of your finances in the most convenient and prudent way possible. We are dedicated to being there for you when you need us. Our commitment to serving our members remains fundamental to our mission.
Service Updates – Safe Access to your Finances
Out of an abundance of caution, all branch teller transactions will be limited to drive-thru services only. All lobbies will be closed until further notice. All loan business to be conducted electronically or via phone. We will schedule appointments on a case-by-case basis. We are suspending Saturday service at all branch lobbies and Drive-Thrus until further notice. PCU Member Services, VISA and our Mortgage Specialists will all be available via telephone and email.
- Free Skip-A-Payment service – We have never charged late fees on consumer loans since we started in 1963, so you don’t have to worry about that. If you would like to arrange to skip a scheduled payment, please contact member services and we would be happy to set this up for you.
- We are offering a Special Assistance loan up to $5,000 at 1.90% APR for up to 2 years.
- Additional sanitation of high touch point areas and drive thru components.
- 24/7 Transactions available through Mobile and Online Banking
special assistance loan
This program is designed to assist members with any emergency financial support that is needed, whether it be as a replacement for lost wages or unexpected health care services.
- $250.00 - $2,000.00 = 12 months
- $2,001.00 - $5,000.00 = 24 months
- The request should be connected to the COVID 19 Pandemic
No Early Withdrawal Penalty on Share Certificates
Members will be allowed to withdraw up to $20,000, per member from their share certificate account without penalty. Reach out to our Member Services team for more information at (207) 282-4156.
To minimize health risk we ask that you take advantage of our digital services and conduct your banking remotely. Using online and mobile resources, you can check balances, transfer funds, make bill payments, and deposit checks—all from home. If you have not yet created an online PCU account, you can enroll by going to our Mobile Banking page and click the “Join Now” button. If you have not downloaded our mobile app, look for PeoplesChoice Credit Union on the Apple or Android App Store. If you have questions about setting up online or mobile banking, one of our Member Service team can help walk you through this process.
- PCU Online Banking
- PCU Mobile App
- Remote Deposit Capture: depositing checks through PCU Mobile App
- Online Bill Pay
- Online Loan Applications
- Apple Pay, Google Pay Samsung Pay services for touch free purchasing
- ATM deposits are now available at each Branch.
- Need Cash? We have 85,000 Fee free ATMs available nationwide.
We want you to be aware of scams designed to prey on fear and uncertainty. To be clear, PeoplesChoice would never reach out to you and ask for sensitive information like your account number or pin.
The FBI and local police departments are currently seeing scams related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Scammers are leveraging the COVID-19 pandemic to steal your money, your personal information, or both. Don’t let them. Protect yourself and do your research before clicking on links purporting to provide information on the virus; donating to a charity online or through social media; contributing to a crowdfunding campaign; purchasing products online; or giving up your personal information in order to receive money or other benefits. The FBI advises you to be on the lookout for the following:
Fake CDC Emails. Watch out for emails claiming to be from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or other organizations claiming to offer information on the virus. Do not click links or open attachments you do not recognize. Fraudsters can use links in emails to deliver malware to your computer to steal personal information or to lock your computer and demand payment. Be wary of websites and apps claiming to track COVID-19 cases worldwide. Criminals are using malicious websites to infect and lock devices until payment is received.
Phishing Emails. Look out for phishing emails asking you to verify your personal information in order to receive an economic stimulus check from the government. While talk of economic stimulus checks has been in the news cycle, government agencies are not sending unsolicited emails seeking your private information in order to send you money.
- By remembering the following tips, you can protect yourself and help stop criminal activity:
- Do not open attachments or click links within emails from senders you don't recognize.
- Do not provide your username, password, date of birth, social security number, financial data, or other personal information in response to an email or robocall.
- Always verify the web address of legitimate websites and manually type them into your browser.
- Check for misspellings or wrong domains within a link (for example, an address that should end in a ".gov" ends in .com" instead).
Maine Credit Unions Campaign for Ending Hunger $100,000 Challenge
Credit unions across Maine are dedicated to making a difference in their communities and collectively participate in the Maine Credit Unions’ Campaign for Ending Hunger. The Campaign has raised over $9.4 million since 1990 – $832,333 in 2019 alone – with 100% of all funds raised going to organizations in Maine fighting food insecurity. Our neighbors need our help!
From now through July 4, PeoplesChoice will be participating in the Maine Credit Unions’ Campaign for Ending Hunger $100,000 Challenge. Many Maine families who were food secure are now struggling to put food on the table due to COVID-19. Over the next 30 days, every dollar raised by the Campaign will support Good Shepherd Food Bank and local community food pantries and meal sites. The Campaign has already received its first Challenge pledge of $100,000 to kick-start this fundraising effort—money the Campaign will direct to Good Shepherd Food Bank’s COVID-19 response.
If you are able, any donation amount helps. Between now and July 4, please consider making a tax-deductible online donation to the campaign at www.campaignforendinghunger.org/donate/. Your support will help ensure Maine families get the food they need during the COVID-19 crisis and beyond.