Security and Identity Protection
Debit Card Fraud Text Alert System
For all Online and Mobile Banking members:
- PCU's new Debit Card Fraud Alert system has launched
- Members can get fraud cases cleared up in seconds via text
- If you don't opt in to the text system you will be automatically reverted to the existing fraud alert process - which is a phone call from an 877 number. If you do not answer, then a message is left.
Members will receive a text request to receive future texts to validate unusual activity on your card. To receive these types of notifications via text, respond YES.
To NOT receive these notices via text, respond STOP. If members respond STOP and unusual activity occurs, they will be notified by phone. To later reinstate the text alert feature contact the PeoplesChoice VISA department during normal business hours.
What happens when a transaction is flagged:
- An email will be sent to the email on file. These are sent 24/7. Members cannot reply to this email. There will be a phone # listed to call.
- Approximately 1 minute after the email is sent, a text message is sent. Sent between 8am-9pm local time.
- Approximately 15 minutes after the text message is sent, a phone call will be initiated. Between 8am-9pm local time.
- Every 15 minutes after that, the next available phone number will be attempted.
Keep your records up to date
It is very important that we have your current contact information on file including phone numbers for home, work, mobile and email address in case we need to contact you if we suspect your cards have been compromised. Your participation in responding to our contact efforts is critical to preventing potential risk and avoiding restrictions we may place on the use of your card.
Contact us with your most up-to-date contact information
Notify us if you will be traveling and using your debit card
Report a Lost or Stolen Visa Card at 1-800-991-4961
PeoplesChoice Credit and Debit Card Protection. Help protect your cards from fraud.
If your PeoplesChoice debit is lost or stolen, please contact a Member Services Representative immediately by any of the following methods:
- Call Toll free 1-877-785-6328
- Visit your local branch
Log in to online banking, and send us a secure message
Added Debit Card Protection
Card Valet is a free service to allow members complete control over their debit card. Enhanced security, balance/withdrawal alerts, kid controls, geolocation alerts and advanced functionality.
Update to protect your accounts
Have you ever been in a store and realized that you can’t find your debit card? Maybe you left it at home? Maybe you left it at the café where you ate lunch with a friend an hour earlier? Maybe you dropped it in the street? It happens. And it’s an awful and helpless feeling. In a panic, many of us call our credit union immediately to cancel our debit card just to find it an hour later. It’s a great feeling to find the card, but you’ve already cancelled it and have to go through the hassle of waiting for your new card to arrive. Until now…
Introducing Card Valet®! It’s a new service that gives our members more control than ever before on their checking accounts! Card Valet® is a mobile app that you can download to your smartphone. Once you have it downloaded to your phone, enter all of your account information. That’s it! You’re ready to receive alerts and control your checking account. Some of the features include:
- Protect yourself against fraud
- Customize alerts for your transactions
- Track spending
- See suspicious card activity
- Turn your card off on the spot.
Go to the App Store and download the app today!
What's the latest in Security and Identity protection?
- Check your credit reports from Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion - for free - by visiting www.annualcreditreport.com. Accounts or activity that you don't recognize could indicate identity theft. Visit www.identityTheft.gov to find out what to do.
- Consider placing a credit freeze on your files. A credit freeze makes it harder for someone to open a new account in your name. Keep in mind that a credit freeze won't prevent a thief from making charges to your existing accounts.
- Monitor your existing credit card and bank and credit union accounts closely for charges you don't recognize.
- If you decide against a credit freeze, consider placing a fraud alert on your files. A fraud alert warns creditors that you may be an identity theft victim and that they should verify that anyone seeking credit in your name really is you.
- File your taxes early - as soon as you have the tax information you need, before a scammer can. Tax identity theft happens when someone uses your Social Security number to get a tax refund or a job. Respond right away to letters from the IRS.
Click here, call 1-877-785-6328 or come in to any of our four convenient branches and become a member today!