At PeoplesChoice Credit Union we are members of a community, and we feel it is our obligation to give back. We are deeply committed to serving and improving the communities where our members live or work.
PeoplesChoice Gives BackOur Social Recognition Committee (SRC) is pleased to report that PeoplesChoice had a record-breaking year, with 1,000 hours of total volunteer time tracked and funds raised exceeding any other year! In 2016, the Committee worked hard to raise funds and awareness in support of local non-profits through fundraising events such as:
- The annual Polar Bear Scramble, which was once again a great success, raising $17,000 this year and over $146,000 over the past 13 years to benefit the Maine Credit Union League’s Campaign for Ending Hunger in Maine and Maine Special Olympics.
- The SRC coordinated a variety of fundraisers, including candy and candle sales, a 50/50 raffle, casual dress days, bowling events and a yard sale. These efforts raised a record-breaking $12,500 — all done one dollar at a time!
- PeoplesChoice employees participated in United Way of York County’s Day of Caring, helping to build a playground at Mother’s Beach in Kennebunk.
- In preparation for the winter season, we collected coats and toys for Coats for Kids and Toys for Tots and also donated funds to York County Heating Assistance and donated reading books to children for the holidays.
- As part of our ongoing efforts to end hunger in Maine, we held a yard sale to raise funds for Ending Hunger in Maine, donated to snack account programs at four area schools and received generous food donations from area pre-schoolers.
We are so grateful to our generous membership and employees who helped us break records in our giving in 2016. We look forward to another great year of giving and community support in 2017.
While we at PeoplesChoice are busy participating in our own charitable events, we also contribute corporately to local non-profits in their own fundraising goals. The list of donors receiving funds every year is large – and growing:
- Southern Maine Medical Center
- Ending Hunger In Maine
- Biddeford Saco Buy Local Group
- York County Community College
- Youth Sports/Little league Teams
- Biddeford Saco Chamber
- Community Bicycle Center
- Wells Rotary
- ALS Maine
- Center for Grieving Children
- Maine Special Olympics
- Wells/Ogunquit Senior Center
- Wells Maine Chamber of Commerce
We’ve got the space for our community to grow!
During our 50th year, the PeoplesChoice Community Rooms were utilized by more than a dozen not-for-profit organizations collectively over 80 times. We wish to thank each of them for allowing us to host them and for the work that they do that makes our community a better place to live, work, learn and play.
For scheduling information please contact Sean McQuaide at (207) 282-4156. If you are a non-profit organization our community spaces are FREE to use. We would like to welcome your organization and your meeting into our space.
Your organization. Your meeting. Right Here. FREE.
Click here, call 1-877-785-6328 or come in to any of our four convenient branches and become a member today!